When you join Llandarcy Academy of Sport you are agreeing to be a member on a monthly basis. For administrative reasons this period covers the rest of the calendar month in which you join (if you join after the first day of the month). Your membership is not transferable and starts immediately upon completion of the application.
Please inform us immediately in writing if your membership details change or if your personal details change.
You will be issued with a membership card, which will be personal to you and remain the property of Llandarcy Academy of Sport and you must return it when your membership comes to an end.
You must present your membership card to reception on each visit before using the facilities and report any loss of your card immediately. Any misuse of your membership card may lead to our terminating your membership immediately.
2. THE FACILITIES
You will only be permitted to use the facilities provided your membership is current and fully paid up or you have made payment arrangements acceptable to Llandarcy Academy of Sport.
Details of current opening hours and facilities are displayed on notices and on the website www.llandarcyacademy.com . We may sometimes need to change opening hours or the facilities available, for example for maintenance, refurbishment or in the case of a major event taking place on site. If we need to do this we will, whenever possible, display notices reasonably in advance.
We reserve the right to charge a joining fee. When you become a member you will be required to pay a monthly membership fee. These are displayed on notices at Llandarcy Academy of Sport and on our website www.llandarcyacademy.com.
If you pay membership fees monthly they are payable in advance and are collected by Direct Debit on the 1st of the month. Each payment made is non-refundable.
If any Direct Debit is returned unpaid or any cheque is returned unpaid or if any other form of payment is not honoured for whatever reason, you shall pay us on demand, an administration fee of £25.00.
If your membership comes to an end, any joining fee may be payable on any renewal of membership.
All membership fees and other fees are reviewed periodically and any changes to these are generally implemented on 1st January each year. We will give you at least 1 months’ notice of any change in membership fees.
Llandarcy Academy of Sport reserves the right to require satisfactory confirmation of the name, address and bank details of any member and to restrict the amount of cash it will accept in settlement of fees or other amounts due
A valid e-mail address will be requested on joining, if this will or cannot be supplied, a charge of £1 per letter of correspondence between the member and club will be levied. E-mail correspondence is free.
3.6 Failure to cancel a class booking is chargeable at the casual pay and play class rate.
4. Llandarcy Academy Rules
As a member you must comply with Llandarcy Academy of Sport rules. These will be displayed prominently and principally relate to the use of the facilities and members’ conduct. We may (unless stated elsewhere in these terms) make reasonable changes to the rules from time to time. Copies are available on request.
5. USE OF EQUIPMENT AND FACILITIES
Your use of any of Llandarcy Academy of Sports’ equipment or facilities is entirely at your own risk, except to the extent that there is any negligence or breach of any legal duty by Llandarcy Academy of Sport or its staff.
Induction sessions explaining the safe and proper use of relevant equipment will be made available to you on joining. It is your responsibility to arrange an appropriate induction – you must not use any equipment or undertake any activity unless you are satisfied that you are competent to do so safely and properly.
You must take care to safeguard your own health and safety and that of other people whilst using the equipment and facilities.
You will be responsible for any harm or injury that you cause to yourself or another person or equipment to the extent that is caused through your unsafe or improper use of the equipment or facilities.
Llandarcy Academy of Sport will not be responsible for any loss, harm or injury to you to the extent that this is caused by your unsafe or improper use of the equipment or facilities or your failing to advise staff of a medical condition relevant to your use of these.
6.1 TERMINATION BY Llandarcy Academy of Sport
We may terminate your membership immediately if:
• You commit a serious or repeated breach of these terms or rules (in particular, if you do not adhere to the safe and proper use of equipment facilities as instructed by our staff or on notices)
• You provide us with false details when applying for membership;
• You misuse your membership card.
If we terminate your membership for any of these reasons (or you terminate without giving the due notice period) you will remain liable to pay any outstanding membership fees.
6.2 TERMINATION BY YOU
You may terminate your membership immediately on giving notice in writing to Llandarcy Academy of Sport:
• If we commit a serious or repeated breach of these terms; or
• On grounds of the unavailability of facilities where the unavailable facilities comprise either a substantial part of any time or extent) then you may be entitled to compensation, but not to terminate your membership.
• Particular facilities or a substantial part of Llandarcy Academy of Sports overall facilities in either case such unavailability must have material adverse effect on your use of and the whole or greater part of the affected facilities must be unavailable for at least 20 days in any period of 60 days (or for at least 60 days in any period of 365 days). If the unavailability is less than this (in effect, time or extent) then you may be entitled to compensation, but not to terminate your membership.
• If you terminate your membership under these circumstances, you will be entitled to an appropriate refund of membership fees. Llandarcy Academy of Sport may (also in its reasonable discretion) agree to terminate your membership if you suffer a medical condition which has a substantial and long term adverse effect on your ability to continue with your usual usage of facilities. Llandarcy Academy of Sport may require reasonable evidence of your medical condition, such as a doctor’s certificate.
6.3 HOW TO TERMINATE
Monthly Membership - You must give one full calendar month’s written notice (e-mail) of termination to Llandarcy Academy of Sport.
Cancellation in any month, will result in the following month being the final payment and use of the facility is until the end of that month.
If you have committed to a 6- or 12-month contract- you must pay all the months payments before cancelling.
Cancelling your direct debit instruction for the payment of fees is not acceptable. You must receive a written response from Llandarcy Academy of Sport that acknowledges we have received your written termination in line with the termination procedures.
6.4 JOINING FEES NOT REFUNDABLE
Joining fees are not refundable on termination of membership under any circumstances. This is because your joining fee goes to the initial costs on your joining in relation to undertaking your health check, induction, training programme assessment and new member administration.
7. ACCIDENTS AND INJURIES
You must report any accident or injury you may have at Llandarcy Academy of Sport as soon as possible and in any event within 48 hours. We need this information in order to comply with our health and safety obligations and for insurance purposes.
8. MISCELLANEOUS FEES
We may charge a reasonable fee of up to £25 for any of the following: replacing lost membership cards, processing failed due direct debit payments, recovery of unpaid fees.
9. VALUABLES AND LIABILITY
Llandarcy Academy of Sport provides lockers for the storage of personal items and uses all reasonable efforts to provide a secure environment. Nevertheless Llandarcy Academy of Sport cannot eliminate entirely the risk of theft, damage or loss of members’ personal possessions and we advise you not to bring valuable items such as jewellery or large amounts of cash to Llandarcy Academy of Sport. Please note that although we do not limit liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, Llandarcy Academy of Sport will not be responsible or liable to you (except to the extent that we are negligent or in breach of any legal duty) for: are negligent or in breach of any legal duty) for:
• Any loss or damage to any of your possessions not locked into one of the lockers provided;
• The items you choose to place in lockers (and it is strictly your responsibility to check that the locker is properly locked and secure before leaving possessions in it);
• The criminal acts of any person on the premises such as theft from lockers or vehicles or their contents;
• Any loss or damage of your possessions in excess of £200 in total;
• Loss or damage caused through misuse under any circumstances of stolen keys, wallets, purses, credit cards, debit cards, or cheque books;
• Loss or damage caused through a third party providing independent services or facilities to members on Club premises;
• Damage to or loss of or from vehicles and bicycles left in Llandarcy Academy of Sport car park or premises; or
• Events which we could not have foreseen or forestalled even if we had taken all reasonable care.
In the interest of security and the health and safety of members and staff, Llandarcy Academy of Sport may operate CCTV cameras at various points inside and outside the premises. Access to recorded images will be restricted to authorised members of staff only.
11. CONTRACTUAL CHANGES
Llandarcy Academy of Sport may from time to time change or add to these terms for security, legal or regulatory reasons. Where reasonable, we will provide at least one month’s notice of any significant changes by displaying them on notice boards.
12. SALE OF Llandarcy Academy of Sport
In the event of the sale or disposal of Llandarcy Academy of Sport to another group/Company or to any other person we may transfer your membership to the new owner and you will continue as a member and continue to pay your membership fees provided no changes to these terms or rules having a material adverse effect on your use of Llandarcy Academy of Sport are made by the new owner. Any such disposal will not affect your contractual or statutory rights.
Notices from you to Llandarcy Academy of Sport must be in writing (email is acceptable) and addressed to the General Manager. Llandarcy Academy of Sport reserves the right to require evidence of posting or delivery where it has no record of receipt or the date of any notice appears inconsistent with the date of receipt. In these cases the notice will be deemed not given unless such evidence is produced. Any notice handed to Llandarcy Academy of Sport must be receipted.
Notices from Llandarcy Academy of Sport to you will be posted to you at your address in the membership records (or, where these terms permit, displayed on notice boards).
Llandarcy Academy of Sport reserves the right to enforce the terms of this agreement regardless of whether it has waived enforcement on previous occasions. This agreement is governed by the Courts of England and Wales.